I wanted to post a little more often than I have this week, but I ended up getting vertigo. It was the weirdest sensation, but I'm feeling a lot better. On to reminiscing about the rest of my road trip, specifically camping.
This part of our road trip can only be explained by me having a mid-life crisis/birthday meltdown. We were looking at different hotel options, and the option of camping in a small cabin came up. I am not a camping girl by ANY means, but it seemed like a really good idea, and it was!
"Camping" ended up being so much more fun than a regular hotel would have been:
- More room than a usual hotel room, plus a kitchen
- It was a brand new cabin so everything was perfect and new
- We were right by the playground
- It was cheaper than going rates at nearby hotels
- The location was right in the middle of everywhere place we wanted to explore
- We could be slightly more loud there than in a typical hotel room without disturbing people
- There was a game room and lot's of places to walk around
KOA campsites have a lot of unique places to stay around the country. Tree houses, vintage trailers, and even train cabooses are just a few examples. I can't wait to road trip to them all...or just a lot. I'm really glad I decided to try something new!