Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Caverns, Abandoned Antique Stores, and Amish Romance Books

I'm not joking when I say there is so much to do in Natural Bridge, especially for such a small area. The last day of the road trip we went on a tour of the caverns. Taking pictures in a cave was kind of hard, everything just looked the same. I'm mildly claustrophobic so there were a few times I was regretting my decision to do this, but it was alright in the end. It was one of those experiences where I was glad I did it, but I'm in no hurry to do it again. 

It's a little ironic that we went all the way to Natural Bridge, and never actually went to the Natural Bridge. They were doing tours, but there were too many dangerous icicles on the formation so they weren't going to take people all the way to it. It seemed like a waste of money to not see it up close. On the way back to our cabin we saw a few signs for an antique store. We got close, but we never did find the entrance. That was the second store we stopped by where there wasn't a person in sight. At least there was a cool view and building.

 This was just a random picture of some books in one of the gift shops. I don't actually know what they're about, but the covers were cracking everyone up. There was a really creepy looking wax museum that sadly closed forever about two weeks before our visit. 
Birthdays are rarely a big deal for me, but I'm so glad I tried to plan something "big" this year, and it actually went off without a hitch. I can probably quit birthdays now, because nothing will ever top this trip. I can't recommend Natural Bridge enough if you're looking for quirky, weird, and fun things to do. Everything is so close together you could easily see everything in two or three days.
Follow

No comments:

Post a Comment